Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Number of 1% Decline Days on S&P

UPDATE: Well I guess this post was a little premature.  6 down days it is.

At the end of February, I posted that at that point in 2012, there had still not been a decline of 1% or more in a single day.  Fast forward to May 8 and today's decline--we have now had 7 days of 1% decline or greater.  Below is a chart comparing the pace that we had 1% decline days in 2011 vs. 2012.  In the last month and a half, 2012 has really picked up the pace of high volatility days.


No comments:

Post a Comment

For compliance reasons, I don't post comments to the site, but I do like hearing from readers and am happy to answer any questions. Feel free to use the comment box to get in touch. Please leave an email address in your comment so that I can write back, or email me directly at Skrisiloff@avondaleam.com.