Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Yum Brands CEO on China Oppotunity

The CEO of Yum, David Novak, was interviewed in the Journal this morning.  He was asked a question about Yum's China opportunity; his response is below, which I thought was an interesting way of quantifying the road ahead.

WSJ: You entered China early and have quickly amassed a sizable presence. How much opportunity is still left for you in China?
Mr. Novak: When you look at Yum Brands in the U.S., we have 60 restaurants per million people. In China, we have three [per million people]. We believe that China is the restaurant opportunity of the 21st century.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For compliance reasons, I don't post comments to the site, but I do like hearing from readers and am happy to answer any questions. Feel free to use the comment box to get in touch. Please leave an email address in your comment so that I can write back, or email me directly at Skrisiloff@avondaleam.com.