Wednesday, July 18, 2012

PNC 2Q12 Conference Call Highlights

This is the preface to the CFO's segment on performance for the quarter.
In my remarks today, I will focus on the following: our loan growth and favorable shift in our deposit mix; our strong gains in net interest income; our growth in commercial and consumer fee income, excluding our mortgage repurchase provision; our disciplined expense, capital and liquidity management; and an update on our outlook for 2012 versus 2011.
While seemingly innocuous this quote is indicative a huge shift in focus for the banking system in general.  Two years ago, banks were focused on capital and credit.  Today, the focus is back to growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For compliance reasons, I don't post comments to the site, but I do like hearing from readers and am happy to answer any questions. Feel free to use the comment box to get in touch. Please leave an email address in your comment so that I can write back, or email me directly at Skrisiloff@avondaleam.com.