Monday, May 21, 2012

2006 vs. 2012 Updated

So far this year I've had a couple of posts comparing 2012 to 2006.  In January, I mentioned that 2009-2011 had unfolded in a very similar pattern to 2003-2005.  Then again in April I mentioned that if this relationship were going to maintain itself then we would have to have a steep correction on the S&P.  Well, correct we have, and so here's an updated version of the 2006 vs. 2012 chart.




















It may be coincidence or it may be a manifestation of an economic cycle, but either way it seems noteworthy that the 2003-2005 pattern continues to match the pattern of this bull market so closely.  We find ourselves basically at the exact same level at the exact same time of year as we did in 2006.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For compliance reasons, I don't post comments to the site, but I do like hearing from readers and am happy to answer any questions. Feel free to use the comment box to get in touch. Please leave an email address in your comment so that I can write back, or email me directly at Skrisiloff@avondaleam.com.