Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Amazon vs. Target

I've written a few times about what I think about Amazon's market potential, but the growth that is priced into the stock never ceases to amaze me.  Below is a comparison of some fundamental metrics for Amazon vs. Target.  Amazon does 75% of Target's revenue and only 58% of Target's gross profit, but it has a market cap that is 2.7x larger than Target's.  Amazon has to grow a lot to grow into that valuation.

TGT Revenue TTM Chart


TGT Market Cap Chart

No comments:

Post a Comment

For compliance reasons, I don't post comments to the site, but I do like hearing from readers and am happy to answer any questions. Feel free to use the comment box to get in touch. Please leave an email address in your comment so that I can write back, or email me directly at Skrisiloff@avondaleam.com.